Editor: Mark M. Schorr
'Cat's-paw' FMLA retaliation verdict upheld on appeal
From: Nebraska Employment Law Letter on 2012-10-01
Under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), an eligible employee is protected from retaliatory employment action after seeking to exercise her FMLA rights. However, can an employee successfully claim retaliation under the FMLA if the managers who made the decision to terminate her didn't even know about her leave request? Read on to learn how the U.S. 8th Circuit Court of Appeals (whose rulings apply to all Nebraska employers) recently addressed that issue. Read More...
In the Blogs
- DTSA gives employers new options to combat trade secrets theft
- Donald Trump must have missed the mandatory training—making America harassed again
- Drawing the line on tips: Where does it end?
- Don’t let appearance policy trigger religious discrimination claims
- How do ‘bathroom bills’ affect employers in other states?