Editor: Mark M. Schorr
'Cat's-paw' FMLA retaliation verdict upheld on appeal
From: Nebraska Employment Law Letter on 2012-10-01
Under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), an eligible employee is protected from retaliatory employment action after seeking to exercise her FMLA rights. However, can an employee successfully claim retaliation under the FMLA if the managers who made the decision to terminate her didn't even know about her leave request? Read on to learn how the U.S. 8th Circuit Court of Appeals (whose rulings apply to all Nebraska employers) recently addressed that issue. Read More...
In the Blogs
- HR tips for drafting and cultivating your own ‘Tom Brady’ or ‘Aaron Rodgers’
- Simplify Compliance executives share their leadership resolutions for 2017
- Handling challenges to diversity in era of divisiveness
- Are your decisions made for the reasons you think?
- Walking the workplace proselytizing tightrope